Walking around Palma:
Some interesting sites to get started
This year, we’ll walk around the city together In some of the outings, Magdalena, your Catalan teacher, Julián, your Spanish teacher or Mercé the History teacher will be our guides. They will tell us some interesting stories about Palma.During our walks, we shall check traffic signs:
We shall observe traffic in Palma . We will discuss the pros and cons of bicycle lanes
Pedestrian Crossing or Zebra Crossing? …Both are correct
Images help us remember words. Do you like this one?
During English lessons we are going to
- zoom in and out city life.
- use compass points to locate landmarks on a map
- learn more vocabulary to talk about the things we find when we walk around the town
- describe buildings, streets and city life
- give and ask directions
- find our way using a street plan
- compare different cities, streets and neighbourhoods
- identify landmarks and most popular citysights
To help you talk and write about your city we looked for funny and varied on-line activities.
You must do all of them and write down in your notebook the new words you learn and a comment. Did you like it’ Did you find it easy/ so so/ difficult.
You have three weeks to do them. Keep track in your notebook in the “on line activities section”. Do not leave everything for the last minute.
Deadline 3rd of October
1. Practice pronunciation of some basic city words
2. Listening: town directions
3. Find your way in an American town and check the prepositions of place.
4. Read this text about Springfield, Bart’s hometown and do the fill in the gaps exercise
5. From an American city, to a typical English High Street. There are six different exercises in this address (reading, writing, and listening) with plenty of vocabulary.
6. Listen to a person giving directions in Barcelona and do the exercises.
This is the first set of on-line activities in the blog. After doing the activities, we need your feed back. Take notes
- Did you learn new words?
- Is it helpful to have audio to learn pronunciation?
- Did you find them difficult or easy?
- Which ones did you prefer?
- How long did it take you to do all of them?
- Would you like to have more on-line activities grouped by topic on the blog?
- Thank you for your feedback!